Mr. Zaccar has been the chairman and General Manager of Commercial Insurance in Lebanon since 1978. He joined the company in 1971 and managed its Saudi Arabia Branch from 1974 to 1989.
Mr. Zaccar has assumed several leading roles in the insurance industry, along with major business and academic roles including:
- President of the Association des Compagnies d’Assurance au Liban (ACAL) since 2015
- President of the General Arab Insurance Federation (Gaif), since 2016
- Chairman of the Marine Committee of ACAL, since 1978
- Instructor at the Institut Superieur des Sciences de l’Assurance (ISSA) at universite Saint Joseph, from 1984 to 2004
- Lecturer for the Masters Program at Universite Saint Joseph
- Member of the Cargo Committee of the International Union of Marine Insurance (IUMI), from 2002 to 2017
- IUMI special Envoy to the Middle East from 2009 to 2017
He has been a speaker at many conferences on the marine business in the Middle East region, particularly at IUMI annual conferences.
Mr. Zaccar has earned an Electronic Engineering degree from the Institut Superieur d’Electronique de Paris (ISEP) in 1968, and is an Electronic Engineer, registered with the Lebanese Order of Engineers. He also holds a degree in mathematics from the Centre d’Etudes Mathematiques in Beirut, Lebanon.