With the launch of the second licensing round and possible finds in the two licensed blocks, it is about time to start discussions about the surface facilities and the best options to maximize the returns from the sector. This session looks at various possible scenarios including pipeline projects, using a regional hub for exports and for local distribution; floating facilities like Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessels (FPSOs) as well as onshore gas networks and liquefaction plants. Discussions also examine the feasibility of each option within well established scenarios. The session also looks at investment and employment opportunities, along with the legal and financial aspects for each scenario.
Session chairperson: Dr. Nasser Hoteit - Head of Technical and Engineering Department – LPA.
- Possible scenarios for production facilities and operations in the light of discoveries –Speaker: Dr. Nasser Hoteit - Head of Technical and Engineering Department – LPA
- Floating facilities – a possible option: pros and cons – Speaker: Houssein Kheireddine Ph.D., Deputy Head of Asset Risk Management, DNV GL - Oil & Gas - USA
- Onshore production facilities benefiting from regional infrastructures or building national onshore infrastructure – Speaker: Mr. Malcolm Corsie, Sales Manager - Middle East , OneSurface - Schlumberger
- Financing surface projects: latest update on major deals in the region - Speaker: Mr. Anass Joundy, Principal Banker- Natural Resources, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), UK
- Investment and job opportunities for the Lebanese economy in each scenario – Speaker: Mr. Adam Lomas, Managing Partner, Castor & Partners, Cyprus