The import of LNG to Lebanon through FSRUs may be a major milestone in developing the country’s energy sector, and the foundation stone for establishing a well structured domestic gas market. This session looks at potentials of such a market, and provides an overview of the challenges and benefits of FSRUs as an interim arrangement, but also as a new pillar in Lebanon’s energy mix.
- An overview of the FSRU project and the government strategy- Benefits and challenges of importing LNG through FSRUs – Speaker: Mr. Zaher Sleiman, Head of LNG, Ministry of Energy and Water, Lebanon
- LNG imports and the benefits to Lebanon's Power industry – Speaker: Mr. Jean-Claude Nasr, Senior Executive Vice President - Power & Gas, Siemens Middle East
- Potentials of Lebanon’s gas market, particularly in terms of small scale LNG markets Speaker: Mr. Adrian Sookhan, Gas Market Analyst, Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) Secretariat, Qatar
- Legal and commercial issues related to gas sales agreements - Speakers: Mr. George Booth, Partner / Mr. Niazi Kabalan, Senior Associate, Pinsent Masons LLP, UK.
- Protecting investments and assets – Insurance and risk mitigation – Speaker: Mr. Peregrine Muncaster, Deputy Head of Energy, Barents Re, London UK